Yes. If you make a donation and would like a receipt for tax purposes, please let us know and we will be happy to provide one to you.
At this time, we only provide grants to individual pet owners.
- The maximum grant provided to a qualified pet owner is $500.00 per household, per calendar year.
- We offer one grant per pet, per life time.
- If we are able to provide a grant payment will be made directly to the treating veterinarian.
- All grants must be utilized within 21 days of being notified of approval. If additional time or an extension is needed we require notice from the grant recipient.
- We require that the grant recipient provides us with a minimum of 2 to 3 days advance notice of when payment needs to be called into the vet.
We encourage applicants in this situation to explore other foundations and apply for the grant as well. if you would like a list of options please reach out to us. (Will add to our site soon). Additionally some of our applicants have been successful in setting up a Go Fund Me accounts for their pet as well.
The Murphee and Sugar Angel Foundation is not set up to provide emergency grants. The process of applying and reviewing applications can take several days.
The application (which can be found on this website) requires a personal statement of need by the applicant. We encourage applicants to be as specific in their statements as is possible. We require supporting documentation relative to need. (Examples: pay stub, confirmation of disabilty or unemployment, furlough, etc).
All applications require the pets most recent Wellness visit paperwork as well as the vet estimate for the need being applied for. Documents can be uploaded to the actual application.
100 % of ALL donations go directly into the Foundation fund. Kate and Jeanette (co-founders) personally absorb the costs of operating the Foundation.
Our application process assists us in ensuring that applicants who are applying for grants meet our eligibility requirements. supporting documentation is required. for additional verification each veterinarian who is working with the pet science a statement/affidavit confirming the pet need and the owners financial status of need.
Sadly, we have experienced challenges with our former website provider/hosting site. As a result, our former website had been deleted and is unable to be restored. We will continue to address this issue and attempt to recreate our Memory Wall on this site. We truly apologize for this difficulty.